Pyer Moss Tackles Police Brutality With Fake Blood-Spattered Clothing and Video at NY Fashion Week

While presenting his Spring 2016 line last week, fashion designer Kerby Jean-Raymond, tackled police brutality with a powerful video, fake blood-spattered clothing, and graffiti art, according to Style.Mic.
Jean-Raymond, founder of Pyer Moss, on Thursday showcased his collection at New York Fashion Week, telling the news outlet, "I decided to show the clothes last-minute. I just wanted to show the video."
The show featured a 10-minute video, which was shot in black-and-white and features the killing of Walter Scott, an unarmed black man shot in April by a police officer in South Carolina. It was followed by footage of black teens who were attacked by police in July at a Texas pool. And ends with Eric Garner, whose last words were "I can't breathe" as he was placed in a chokehold by a police officer, notes the report.  
He showcased the clothing line after the video.
"If I'm going to be the black designer," Jean-Raymond told Style.Mic, "I'm going to tell it my way."
Watch the video here:


















No comments: